Friday 28 March 2014

"At that time I lived with and for the rain. I tried to imagine how everything I saw would look in the rain and on the screen. It was part game, part obsession, part action. 
I had decided upon several places in the city I wanted to film and I organized a system of rain watcher, friends who would telephone me from certain sections of town when the rain effects I wanted appeared. I never moved without my camera - it was with me in the office, laboratory, street, train. I live with it and when I slept it was on my bedside table so that if it was raining when I wokue up I could film the studio window over my bed... 
With the swiftly shifting rhytm and ligh of the rain, sometimes changing within a few seconds, my filming had to be defter and more spontaneous."
JORIS IVENS

No comments :

Post a Comment